Recipe for fast intervals…
– Take a good day rest on Monday. i.e. NO running, NO biking, ONLY rehab training for the heel (we want it to be better, right?).
– Read the first five pages of the prologue in “Lord of the Rings” before sleeping (in Swedish so you sleep even better, and read it loud as well…)
– Wake up earlier than the birds on Tuesday morning and get a glass or orange juice to wake up a bit (or not…)
– Have your training pants on if you feel cold a bit – but just so you know, you will get warm after a few minutes…because you started to train your legs (VSA legs *2).
– Open the window completely before doing your thorough core & stability station (I told you it would become warm…probably the training pants are no longer necessary!)
– Stretch a little before rushing to the kitchen and prepare pancakes for small monsters (try to grab one or two before the pile is disappearing…).
– Rush to the shower, get your clothes on and drop everybody at first day at school before rushing to work for first morning meeting.
– Have your last morning meeting lasting 35minutes longer than planned so you’ll have to throw all your stuff in your bag, change your high heels to sneakers and run to the ferry which is nicely making you noticed that next time, running this pace won’t make it…
– Finally arrive home, proceed to the fastest clothes-change in the world (seriously, probably close to Guiness record…).
– Skip the 5km warmup easy pace for a 2km not-that-easy-pace (but seriously, there is a meeting in the early afternoon…)
– Drop your singlet at a random shop because it is too warm already and tell that you will come back in ca.45/50minutes.
– Continue the “not-that-easy-pace-kind-of-warmup” until 2km is reached and streeeeeeetch.
– Set “Dj Eclipse” latest mix and off you go.
– Do you best to get 2 intervals 5km @20:44 & 21:26 (with 5min rest in-between)
– BTW! Stop after 200m of the second interval to ask to a random person working in his garden if he could give you water (look desperate? no need to push yourself… You have already run an interval close to your PR so you do look already tired, sweaty, desperate… water should come right away!)
– Finish your run without forgetting to pick up your singlet where you dropped it.
– Climb up the stairs home
– Shower ice cold (you won’t have time to bath your feet only as your meeting is soon starting)
– Get a pear, a banana, a milk chocolate on the table and start dialling for your meeting.
– If by any mean, you still have strengths left, bike to the soccer practice and play your coach role for 1hour 30 in progressively colder and winder climate (with the sun disappearing as well). of course, you’ll have to bike home back…
Really good day – so time for bed really and see how tomorrow will be!
Berlin: ONE MONTH TO GO!!!